Re: towing a Tiger

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: towing a Tiger
From: John Clark <clarkjc@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:56 -0400
I brought up that same point when he first mentioned it.  His response was,
"I don't coast for hundreds of miles."

As I said, I believe marking the driveshaft mounting flange is for balance
reasons.  I can't think of any other reason why the shop manual would
recommend this (Section B, page 54, step 32).  Perhaps the driveshaft could
potentially have a small amount of imbalance to compensate for driveline
vibration?  I don't really know, so I followed the advice of the shop manual.

If I took the time and effort to understand every design decision made for
the Tiger, it would probably never feel safe to drive it again.

- John