Re: Dr. Gas - Rationale

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dr. Gas - Rationale
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:25:09 -0800
If the X pipe is documented to work I guess that there is no disputing it.
However, logically it would seem that as the two exhaust flows cross each
others paths that one would inhibit the flow of the other. Try it with two
garden hoses to see what I mean.
 Now, with the Dr.Gas design it seems that the two flows would for lack of a
better term "slide" along side one another (which I would think promote
scavaging). I say this because looking at the picture and the radius bend
the two flows seem to be turning before they merge rather than directly
crossing each others path like this   X vs )(    with an opening where
the )( meet.
. I guess a lot of what I summize would be predicated on how large the
opening is at the merge point. So, I guess that is the Dr. Gas advantage.
Tom