Re: Dr. Gas

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: Dr. Gas
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:04:36 -0500
Dave, you must have something other than the original LAT headers.  I
had a set, still in the original box, with the original instructions,
etc.  They were as thin as paper, and there was no way I would put them
on my Tiger.

They had that inside out welded on the collectors for the muffled
exhaust system, and removable caps at the end of the collectors for open
exhaust.  The inside out for muffled exhaust was so restrictive, I
wonder what value they had.  But they did have the advantage of being
able to go to the drags in the 60's, and you could run open exhaust by
removing 3 bolts per collector.  Of course you can't run open exhaust at
most drag strips, with a street car.

If you want to look at them visit Rick at SS, as he is now the owner of
these LAT original headers, and he was going to use them for display
purposes.

Larry