Re: TIGER PROBLEMS

To: Caseyh4312@aol.com
Subject: Re: TIGER PROBLEMS
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:55:37 -0800
Joey,

I admire your ambition, and desire to have a good running Tiger.  You
can start learning about Tigers, and mechanical rebuilds on:

http://www.tigersunited.com/

However, let me caution you that rebuilding and restoring ANY car is not
a task for those without experience.  A brief review of the articles in
the reference site will illustrate the things the many authors take for
granted that the reader is familiar with.

The Original Rootes Tiger Workshop Manual is on the web site, and a good
place to learn about how they were originally put together, before you
consider modifications.  Modifications, by the way, may increase your
enjoyment, but could possibly significantly decrease the value of the
car.  For many, it performs very well as it came from the factory, and
has a higher resale value. However, factory performance improvements
(LAT Options) were factory offered and considered value enhancements.
These are included in the web site as well.

Good luck, and find a Ford expert, and an English Car hydraulics,
electrics. and mechanical systems expert, to help you along.  Hopefully
they are in Omaha. Parts are rare, and not cheap, but the end result
gets back more than you put in, depending on how bad it is.  Even the
Ford stuff is getting rare.  There is another book on the web site, The
Rootes Parts Manual for the  Sunbeam 260 (TIGER), which gives exploded
views of all Tiger unique hardware, as well as the Ford original part
number, where applicable.

Steve

--
-----