RE: Origin of the Tiger Ackerman Angle

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Origin of the Tiger Ackerman Angle
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:33:39 -0700
Hi all,
I've been involved in a number of sporting events where one of the waivers
that had to be signed by all attendees was a "media release waiver".
Basically this granted the organizers and/or the media the right to use
images, video, or other recordings of you or your car/bike/performance for
promotional or other purposes. If we as a group are getting so concerned
about the possibility of lawsuits due to the release of controversial
material obtained during the course of an event, maybe this should become
standard issue at future Sunbeam marque events.

Next thing you know Bill Carroll's Tiger is going to be permanently garaged
because its underbody details will undoubtedly support or refute the various
claims of who contributed what (although not the reasons why things are as
they are, which is probably the contentious issue). I, for one, was very
pleased to see it at Park City, in original state, and I'm thankful to Bill
for preserving it and allowing it to be shipped out for all of us to admire.

Best regards,
Theo