Small single master cylinder

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Small single master cylinder
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:03:45 -0800
Hi:
I was wondering if anyone had run a 5/8" brake master cylinder without
the vacuum booster on your Tiger--and if so, were you happy with the
results?

I did a quick scan on T.U. (may have used the wrong search parameters),
checked some past e-mails (I thought this was discussed recently and
wanted to avoid re-hashing it if possible).

In the CAT shop notes, there's a reference to using the '62 Alpine MC
(which, I believe is 3/4" bore) instead of the Tiger/ later Alpine MC
(7/8" bore) and getting a reduction in pedal effort and simliar feel to
the boosted brakes. There have been a number of references to the 3/4"
MC's on the list, but I was specifically wondering about the likely
results both in pedal effort and 'feel' with a 5/8" diameter MC.
In general I've come up blank, so I thought I'd ask the listers.
Sorry if I'm covering old territory.

Best Regards
David Sosna