RE: Tigers in Classic Motorsports / Shelby Link

To: "'tigers@Autox.Team.Net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Tigers in Classic Motorsports / Shelby Link
From: Todd Gifford <tgifford@dee-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:21:42 -0600
I also put Shelby information on the windshield when I show my Tiger.  An
excellent book to have with you at shows, and photo copy some key pages out
of is: The Shelby American Guide, Second Edition; by Richard Kopec, which
features a chapter on the Sunbeam Tiger.  There may be a newer edition out.

The Table of Contents page from this Shelby American Guide book is a really
powerful document to show people.  The Tiger chapter ("Tiger Connection:
Tiger - The Poor Man's Cobra") is listed I think right before or after the
427 Cobra.  Excellent book for general reading as well on all Shelbys and
Shelby Racing, but I think it is a great educational tool for people not
familiar with the Tiger.  The Tiger chapter really does not provide much
new/different information on the Tiger specifically, but inclusion in the
Shelby American Guide is very powerful.  The best stock Tiger picture in the
chapter is a Carnival Red MKI Tiger with LAT 70 wheels ---- looks just like
my Tiger.

The fact of the matter is, it is this very book that got me interested in
the Sunbeam Tiger when I picked it up while in highschool in the late
70's/early 80's.  I knew nothing of the Sunbeam Tiger til I read this book.
I was hooked immediately after reading it.

The book shows up on Ebay every so often.  I highly recommend picking one up
if you don't have one.

Todd Gifford
B9471992 LRXFE Bone Stock