RE: Rear End Gear Ratios

To: "'Régent Gagnon'" <regentgagnon@rogers.com>,
Subject: RE: Rear End Gear Ratios
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:57:49 -0400
My car has a 3.07 rear end and a close ratio top loader.
The motor is a 289 bored and stroked to 331, and breathed on rather
heavily
To produce big torque at the expense of top end hp.

This combo allows me to smoke the tires from a standing start in 3rd
gear,
Really, a useless feature of the set up. What I really need is a 2.88
rear end or an overdrive 5 speed to get the highway cruising revs down
to a more civilized level, like 2,000 rpm at 60mph, instead of nearly
3,000.

But that's how she goes!

Dave Munroe in Nova Scotia
B382000450

I use 2.88 with positraction, wide ratio transmission and a warmed up
289. It's perfect for "normal" driving of a Tiger. If I were involved
in any competitive activity, I would modify it to suit.
Regent Gagnon
B382100371 (Orchid Green)
Ottawa, Canada