Re: my stupid teen moments

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: my stupid teen moments
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:26:23 -0800 (PST)
The various postings on adolescent male driving behaviors reminds me of
my stupid moments... in a 9 year old '69 Chevy Impala custom coupe,
350ci, 300HP (rated)... following school tradition the day after prom
(I was a Junior and still 16) I drove with 2 other couples from Indy to
King's Island amusement park in Cincinnati (cars could seat 6 people
back then). Along the way, we came up on another car full of kids from
our school and little by little the speed crept up between the two cars
until the speedo was solidly pegged at 120 mph. This in a bone stock
suspension full size American car, and 6 passengers. I hate to think
where I might be today if something had gone wrong and someone was hurt
or even killed. There's no way I would do that kind of speed in that
kind of car today, on the interstate, especially with passengers. What
the heck was I thinking? I just wasn't, I guess.

Stephen Waybright

http://my.yahoo.com