RE: my stupid teen moments

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: my stupid teen moments
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:10:44 -0500
Tom
        I loved those Datsun 510, a real nice car.   It sounds like your car
might have been suffering from one of 2 problems I found with mine.   The
wires inside the distributor were cloth covered and when damp they would
short out the ignition, new wires in there cured that problem.   The other
problem was the gas line made a downward loop in the right front wheel well,
which is where any water in the line would settle.   When the car would not
start in the winter, my brother or I  would use a lighter to heat that
section of fuel line to melt the ice and the car would start right up then.
We scared the heck out of a number of people doing that.

        It also reminds me of one cold blustery winter night a friend and I
were stopped at a traffic light and this Blazer pulls up beside and revs
it's engine a couple times.   When the light changed, both vehicles took
off.   I rowed the 510's gears at 5500 rpm or so.  We could hear the 4 bbl
on the Blazer kick in, but the Blazer did not pass, we were side by side for
more than a 1/2 mile.   I looked at the speedometer, it was passing 80 mph
and got off the gas.    We were on a road headed into the city limits that
was 2 blocks away and we were just going to a Club that was now 1 block
away.    We laughed about that Blazer from the point I lifted until I parked
the Datsun 510 then proceeded into the Club, had a drink and listen to the
Band.   Not really a teen moment, more like a 20's something moment, but it
was a bit of a stupid moment with a laughable and happy ending, thank
goodness.

Ron Fraser