RE: Ford Part Number Request

To: "'Tiger's Den'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Ford Part Number Request
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:54:21 -0800
Thanks Steve, I should have known.

Of course the filler cap is one of the few items without a Ford P/N listed
in the parts book.

I'm sure someone out there know something about this cap.  I've been unable
to find any crosses for it.  I'm thinking this might be unique to the Tiger
or at best Ford industrial applications.  Early Mustangs used a similar cap
but the tube points straight up.  I have been unable to determine whether
the tubes on the Mustang cap can be turned to point back.

I'd love to have the Tiger cap Ford P/N, cross reference for other vehicles
that used it, or any other info or history on the cap.

Of course someone with a spare cap they want to sell would be best of all.

I'm currently using a similar cap but with the short straight tube.  This
works but the problem is breather hose routing.  Either it has to be very
long and unsightly or very short and you have to take the air cleaner off to
put in oil.

Frank
B9471116