Re: Radiator cap pressure

To: Frank Marrone <itswonderful@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Radiator cap pressure
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 13:02:27 -0800
Frank,

I wonder how your heater core is going to like that.  It already is
prone to bulging to fill the walls, becoming difficult to remove for
service, and is prone to leak at seams. The water seals at the pump,
inlet manifold, and thermostat body are already made from glue and
cardboard.  Not your favorite high pressure seals.

Are you trying to cure a badly implemented cooling system, designed for
low pressure, by raising the boiling point of the fluid by increasing
the pressure?  Seems some attention to the already successful techniques
currently used in the Tiger world would be the starting point of
investigation.

Lots of articles on the subject of successful solutions on TigersUnited.com

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

Steve

--
-----