RE: Aluminum vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass

To: <RMEbstein@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:10:28 -0700
Hi Rodney,
I don't have his contact information, and a quick Web search isn't helping
too much...  maybe someone else can help you. I just saw Stephen Waybright's
reply so you might have to set your sights on a good glass or carbon fiber
hood instead. I saw Tim Ronak's Wilcox hood after Tim first installed it,
and it looked pretty good, which is a testament to Kent's ability with
fiberglass and Tim's bodywork fitting skills - it really pays to get good
parts, installed by people who know what they're doing.

Carbon fiber hoods can be made quite thin and still be as rigid as a metal
panel - if you've got the budget then this would be a better alternative
than fiberglass.

Good luck,
Theo

  _____