re: Carroll and Tigers

To: Tiger Group <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Carroll and Tigers
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:54:59 -0500
Forgive me, but don't most of us turn quite enough heads when we tell
our friends and coworkers we have a Sunbeam Tiger? The Shelby connection
is as important as the Jensen one, but we're not driving Jensen Tigers,
are we?

Shelby and George Boskoff both deserve lots of credit for helping to
develop what with a few changes was the production Tiger. I was one of
those who got to enjoy their company in Lake Tahoe two summers ago at a
United, but I'm under no pretense that I own a Shelby car(though I would
like a Shelby Cobra 289 in the garage to keep it company).

The Tiger could have been called a Shelby car, had Rootes wanted that.
Afterall, Shelby was a popular race car driver before, and by 1963,
every red-blooded gearhead boy knew what a Cobra was, and who built it.
But, that's not how it turned out.