Timing cover

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Timing cover
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:58:38 -0500
Anybody know where I can get a timing chain cover for the 260. (it's actually
a 289 but has the old style cover and aluminum water pump on it). All the ones
I have seen are for the cast iron pump. Mine has a piece cracked off one of
the bolt bosses and another section is damaged so thought I would hunt up a
replacement.

As an aside, if I went with the cover for the cast iron pump and just put a
cast iron water pump on, do the brackets and such fit for the generator? I'm
not sure I am prepared to go to an alternator yet although I suppose that is
an option too.

Curt Hoffman