Re: heater hose adaptors

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <itswonderful@comcast.net>, <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: heater hose adaptors
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:45:07 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: <DJoh797014@aol.com>
> You do have the water plate under your carb don't you?
>
> Dave

Why would you want one of those?

They heat up the carb and the incoming air. Thats lost power.

Ford never saw any need to install them on Mustangs with the same engine.

There is no room for them if you install an F4b or other hi rise manifold.

I use an Edelbrock Hi Flow water pump.  The heater hose fittings are just
pipe thread holes.
I bought one 1/2 inch and one 5/8 adapter from NAPA and installed.
I run a 1/2 inch hose from the core to the water pump.
I run a 5/8 hose from the elbow fitting on the manifold to the original
style Mk1A heater valve.
1/2 inch hose from valve to core.
QED.
Erich