Re: BRAKE/CLUTCH LINE FITTINGS

To: "Ed Esslinger" <Edstiger@charter.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BRAKE/CLUTCH LINE FITTINGS
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:52:18 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Esslinger" <Edstiger@charter.net>
To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 2:28 PM
Subject: BRAKE/CLUTCH LINE FITTINGS

> Hi Tigers!!
>
>   I'm having a difficult time trying to disconnect the clutch output line
> from the clutch master cylinder. I tried every tool I own to loosen the
> fitting.
>
>    There is little room to move a wrench if you can get it on the fitting.
> bought a special brake tubing wrench yesterday for $11, it won't get the
job
> done either.
>
>   What are you Tiger owners using to disconnect the clutch and brake lines
> from the clutch/brake master cylinders and the servo input /output
> connections, when there is very little room for tools? Regards  Ed

First use a 6 sided tubing wrench.
My second trick is to clamp a pair of vise grips onto the outside of the
tubing wrench.
With this setup, the wrench will not round off the nut.
You need to do Larry's trick and pull the mc out from the fire wall.  One
time I had to pull the clutch line off the slave cylinder and pull the hole
mess out onto the work bench to get the fitting to bust loose.

Erich