Almost completely off topic

To: "Tiger List \(Tiger List\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Almost completely off topic
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:45:49 -0800
Can someone tell me how the thermostat in an electric hot water heater
measures the water temperature?  Does it simply sense the tank surface
temperature?  I'm building a heated parts washer to wash auto parts
(including Tiger parts).  I'm thinking of using a screw in type electric
water heater element and a standard electric water heater thermostat.  Based
on what I can tell from reading online the thermostat would simply sense the
outer tub temperature in my application, correct?

Frank

B9471116