Re: Manifold Choices

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manifold Choices
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:20:40 EST
If your camshaft does not produce any horsepower above 5,500 rpm, which
sounds like some of us including me, then the Performer RPM (1,500-6,500  rpm)
seems an inappropriate mix of parts. The Performer 289 (idle-5,500 rpm)  would
be
a better match for a stock or mild camshaft. Most street engines should  stay
around the 5,500 rpm anyway. Hydraulic flat tappet or roller cams, cast
cranks, cast or hyperutetic pistons can't live much beyond 5,500-6,000  rpm.

I apologize for continuing to mention both the Roush and Ford crate  engines,
but even these engines (the best ones they offer), made with forged  steel
cranks and pistons and Ford "Sportsman" blocks, are not recommended  above
6,000-6,200 rpm.

Everyone chooses their weapon of choice. For my stock "going to get rid of
it soon" 260, I chose the Performer 289 & 465cfm carb. Runs great, less
filling (gas).

Rodney