Re: Manifold Choices

To: Randall Antosiak <randya@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold Choices
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:43:47 -0800
Randall,

Interesting.

I do not know whether your use of a 289 (mine is the 260) has any
bearing.  Do you know if your motor mount spacer washer is still
installed (raising the height of the motor)?  Are you using a stock
height air cleaner element and a stock air cleaner?

I am not the only one reporting interference using the expensive 302
Boss spacer.  The interference, surprising until reflection, comes at
the outside edges of the air cleaner and the hood, not the center.
Thus, even a LAT hood doesn't help.

Try putting some loosely crumpled 6" aluminum foil balls on the top
sides, of the air cleaner and slowly lowering the hood until closer is
achieved.  Open hood and look at remains of foil.  That is your
clearance BEFORE the engine rocks due to torque, or moves on the motor
mounts.

Steve