Re: Ford 302 CIDvs 5.0 L

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>, "Dave Munroe"
Subject: Re: Ford 302 CIDvs 5.0 L
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:55:38 -0600
Hi Steve. I hope the weekend goes well. Im torn beytween the Tiger or the
Harley, Tiger wins, ts going to rain or miss a good chance.
 Hey, with all the talk about stroker engines, 289s, 302s, 5.ol and HO. I
have no idea which to stroke. I will in time look towards professional built
engines and one with a gurantee does get my attention but we or I have to
take all facts into consideration. Some heads are better because of the
steel they where cast from and blocks have the same characteristics, in that
some years are stronger and thus more sougt after, like 289 heads having
smaller ports and higher compression. Im interested in hearing the opinions
of those who wish to share, which block is the best canidate for stroking. I
first think 5.0 because of the roller cam and rockers- then againg they
retrofit 289s, for a price. What say ye gentelman, which is the best block
to build a bad to the bone Tiger stroker engine. I look forward to your
replies and your reasoning. HEY, I get to learn again. The Happiest of a
Shamrock weekend, cheers, Tony