Corvettes (Yeah, I know..;-)))

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Corvettes (Yeah, I know..;-)))
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:15:29 +0000
Every Sunday for the last few months Ive been driving by this Corvette with a
For Sale sign in the window.  My sons curiosity got the better of him, and us,
today, so we had to stop for a look.  Its an 87 for $7200 OBO.

>From a distance it didnt look bad.  But up close its a bit rough.  Something
>happened at the front, with what looks like some amateur repairs and
>repainting of the panel above the front bumper.  An open crack has erupted in
>the middle of the repair, and some rough areas were just painted over.  Nobody
>was there for any explanations, or to open it up.  No interest after this,
>and this probably would not be a good car for him anyway, since he doesnt get
>his license until next month  ;-))).  But at least he got some looking
>experience.

But this got me to wondering:  How hard is it to repair fiberglass panels such
as in the Corvette?  Can you just do the outside, or should you really take the
panel off and reinforce the damaged area from the back too?  Or just give up
and replace it?  Any experience out there?

Stu