Re: Corvettes (Yeah, I know..;-)))

To: stubrennan@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Corvettes (Yeah, I know..;-)))
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:29:51 -0400
Stu, I owned a 1987 Vette convertible.  This was one of the great car
that I owned.  Very good suspension, very fast, good gas mileage,
comfortable for a sports car, and lots of cheap parts.

The body, i.e. fiberglass is easy to repair, and there are lots of books
on how to do it.  Essentially, you take some fiberglass matting, and
resin, lay the matte over the repair, soak with resin.  This is an over
simplification, but that is the process.

If your so is young, this may be more car than you want him to have for
the first.  This car is very fast, and in the rain, tire let go easily
with all the torque.

But the Vette is still the best performance buy for the money.  For a
new C-6 Vette for $46K, you can put a lot of cars costing 2x as much to
shame.  It is a real sports car, with lots of muscle.

Larry