Re: Labeling situations

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Labeling situations
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:51:14 -0700 (PDT)
"Continuation parts" is an intersting concept. If old tooling is
salvaged to make "continuation parts", I'll assume they are still in
spec, but we need to recognize that all tooling has a limited useful
life. If Rick eventually must make replacement tools that end up being
more accurate than was possible 45 years ago, would those be repros
instead of continuation parts, even though the new parts produced may
be superior quality? How about the repro LAT wheels?

Here's another twist on the topic that I'd be interested to hear
opinions. You can get complete body shells for MGB restorations. Are
these Fake MGBs after restoration? For reference, see
http://www.pauldeppermgs.com/html%20files/classiccarrestorationpage.html

- Waybright (as always, playing Devil's advocate)