RE: water pump Mkll

To: "'wpitrman'" <wpitrman@peoplepc.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pump Mkll
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:13:06 -0400
Wes
        The dimensions for the pulley hub in the Rootes manual are wrong for
the Tiger.

260 = 4.875"
289 = 5.1"

These are the correct numbers for stock Tigers; source TE/AE Sunbeam
Survivor.    Mainly you have to line up all the pulleys with the crank
pulley so the belt does not jump or run at an angle.   If you can put a shim
in and still get the fan centered on the hub OK and it get your pulley lined
up with the crank pulley then it should be alright.

        The number of things you do to help cooling is up to you.  I have
just a 6 blade fan and a 180 thermostat on my 260 and it run fine. I would
do one thing at a time and then test the results, every Tiger is different.

Ron Fraser