What's a Tiger worth?

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's a Tiger worth?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:54:41 -0700
IMHO, having been asked recently:

There are only three things to consider about a proposed Tiger acquisition:
1) Condition
2) Condition
3) Condition

of course, authenticity is presumed to be made certain by the buyer,
otherwise we are NOT discussing Tigers.

It should go without argument that original, good condition parts and
finish are always preferred over reproductions or re-finish.

Now. "what is it worth?" is a question heard often.  The answer is
always the same, whatever the market will bear.

To aid in this, watch recent sales of known Tigers, just like real estate.

Without any knowledge but what is stated by the seller, eBay has two
recent examples.  An Iowa thoroughly described '65 Mk I, currently bid
at $38,600. VIN 9471992, black (originally red).  31,715 miles. Read it
yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4550371145&rd=1&rd=1

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4550371145&rd=1&rd=1>

San Diego dealer '66 MkIA, reserve not met in March 30, at $26,500.  302
modified engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 spd, Panasport,  15", stated to
be a Dale's Restoration from 1994. Lots of pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4539238124&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4539238124&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1>

NOTE: TIGER LIST MAY NOT PRINT ENTIRE LINK. IF IT IS NOT ALL HIGHLIGHTED, COPY
AND PASTE ENTIRE URL.

I have no relationship with any seller, and only know what the eBay listing
states.

I have put this up for your info due to the many recent   inquiries posted and
sent to me personally.  I am not in the car sale business, but always am
interested in the marketplace, as I assume we all are.

Steve
--
___
Steve Laifman