Worl'd Largest Tiger Den Ad

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Worl'd Largest Tiger Den Ad
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:23:02 -0700
And now for something else that's interesting. Looking through my stash
of Sunbeam ads to find my Alpine and Tiger brochures to prove my point
about the hard top color issue, I found a copy of an old ad from
"Raceway" magazine. The ad is for Beverly Hills Sports Cars, Inc., World
Wide Delivery Service, for Tiger, Alpine, Imp, and Cobras!

It has a section headed, "From Our Budget Department" and lists prices,
down payments and monthly payments for the Imp, Alpine, Tiger and Cobra.
A Tiger could be had for $3291 (used maybe?), $79.00 down, $79.00 a
month! The Cobra listing says "Save $700. $109 down, $109 a month".

I've decided to buy another Tiger for that $79 a month but,
unfortunately, the phone number listed in the ad doesn't seem to work
for some reason. Maybe I'd better call the operator to see if she can
get through.

Another interesting note in the ad says "Now available from our research
and development dept.....Tigers in BHSC Racing Trim....Write or
telephone Ole Oleson, Competition Director."

I had met Ole numerous times over the years but never realized he did
that for Beverly Hills Sports Cars. Does anyone know if he ever did any
work directly for Rootes?

Steve Sage