guage and sender

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: guage and sender
From: "Richard" <rcsphx@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 21:44:41 -0700
Is there any way to identify which temp send goes with which temp gauge?  I
finally took the advice of the "List" and went out an bought a $20.00
mechanical temp gage and got it installed this morning.  I wanted to find out
it the Jaeger gage was giving me the correct reading,  Well it wasn't. The
ambient temp was about 95 today and normally I would quickly get a reading of
200 and above.  Not today...the temp stayed between 180 and 190 only rising
toward 200 at a stop light, then coming quickly coming down once on the move
again.  Even at highway speed stayed at 190. So I'm thinking that I must have
gotten either the wrong gauge or wrong sending unit when we put the car was
back together.  I have read the calibrating info on Tigers United but would
first like to try and match the gauge with a sending unit.  I have a 67 MKII,
and SS shows that the sending unit for the MKII is not available.

Richard