Fwd: Brake Booster CIRCLIP BIG BIG BIG PROBLEM!!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Brake Booster CIRCLIP BIG BIG BIG PROBLEM!!
From: Caseyh4312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:48:06 EDT
Joey Hiykel  1966 Tiger MK1A
B382001072 LRXFE JAL#  661104
From: Caseyh4312@aol.com
Full-name: Caseyh4312
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 00:47:34 EDT
Subject: Re: Brake Booster CIRCLIP BIG BIG BIG PROBLEM!!
To: JHMEARSRN@aol.com

(snip snip)

Joey.....I have  rebuilt mine twice in the 35 years I have owned the car.
Both came  out
well.  Just be  very careful, go slow, and pay attention to what goes where
when  taking
it apart.  Also  get a GOOD internal circlip removal tool and be very careful
taking
out the internal  circlip.  If you aren't careful its easy to scar up the
inside wall when  you
remove and replace  the circlip. Just go slow and watch what you are doing
and you
should be fine.   Good luck.................

John
B9471072

(snip snip)

ummm yea about the circlip, Both  the ends broke off. I was going along
smoothly until i got to that. I dont know  how both the ends broke off, but
they
did. And now it leaves me practically with  a little more than a half a circle,
and nothing to grap onto.

so do you have any ideas?

Also, i have a extra 7inch booster.  That would need to be rebuilt also. Are
the houseing the same sizes? Not the big  can part but the other littler part.
i can just swap the housings and finish the  rebuild. Or do you think i
should take my part with the broken circlip to a  machine shop or something and
see
if they can try anything. (Do you suggest ne  where else?)

Any Any Any suggestions would help  a ton.