Re: Front wheel seal question

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Front wheel seal question
From: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:28:54 -0700
Andy Walker wrote:

>Hey, guys:
>
>I've got a question concerning the differences in front wheel seals between
>the early cars (Series I & II) and the later cars (Series III-V, Tiger).  I
>understand that the wheel seals are the same ID and OD on all the different
>Series and Tigers

That's not true. You can't press in a late seal in your series I front
hubs because the OD of the seals are different. They may look the same
but they are DIFFERENT sizes. The cone is not significant. I would think
if you had a large lathe, you could open up the early hubs slightly to
accept the later seals. That would be the only way to do it.

--
Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)
(Where we had the brains and not just the wind to make flight possible!)