Re: Winscreen/Vent Window Alignment

To: jntmless <jntmless@ruralcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Winscreen/Vent Window Alignment
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:08:14 -0700
Tom,

It might not be the door alignment, or the "non venting" vent window,
that is the problem.   Most likely the windshield rake is incorrect.
There are shim rubber bits between the body rubber and the windscreen
frame that adjust the windshield rake, and thereby the "vent" window angle.

Something that happens frequently when windshields are removed for
replacement of body rubber, and the shim is not reinstalled in the same
place, or lost.  I believe someone has made a "kit" for adjusting that
rake from the bolts under the cowl that hold the windshield in place.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com