Re: WFSWB --- VS trademark situ (topic change)

To: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Subject: Re: WFSWB --- VS trademark situ (topic change)
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:40:27 EDT
John,
       Good question.  Ford does not allow their logo to be used on anything
without permission and Pontiac paid SCCA a fee for the use of the Trans-Am
name on every Trans-Am they built, which SCCA owns.  Ford was unable to use the
name GT-40 on the new Ford GT because Ford lost control of it.  I'm not an
attorney so I have no idea how far the control of the name might go, but I
think
it would be a shame to have to start referring to our cars as Alpine-V8s or
even Thunderbolts!
Jim