Re: Classic Motorsports magazine Tiger project

To: chris@cthompson.net
Subject: Re: Classic Motorsports magazine Tiger project
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:23:18 EDT
Thanks,

I have been quietly collecting parts for the Tiger while I finish up my 1963
Falcon Ranchero resto-mod project and a '91 BMW 318is I put together as a
daily driver. I will start the Tiger later this fall in earnest.
I bought it with no engine but have found a correct 260. I am still in a
dilemma as to what to power it with. My head says put it back stock or nearly
stock. My heart says that I have wanted one of these cars since high school
and I
am going to keep it forever, so I should build it just how I want it.
I know I don't want a race car, as I am still real happy racing my Triumph
TR3, but I would like to make it a fun street car and enter some classic
ralllys
with it. My dream is to run the Copperstate 1000 with it when it is done. I
love Arizona and the roads there are great.

I got a line on a five bolt Hi Po 289. Although not as good as a crate 5.0,
as a Ford freak (my dad and grandfather were Ford dealers) this is my ultimate
retro powertrain. What do you think? What do you want to read about?

Tim Suddard/publisher Classic Motorsports magazine