Re: Classic Motorsports magazine Tiger project

To: tigers@autox.team.net, GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Classic Motorsports magazine Tiger project
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:08:50 EDT
Tim,

I'm a subscriber too. Here's my vote.

You're just like me. I've wanted a Tiger since I was 16 years old.  Build it
the way you want, since you're going to keep it for a long time. I'm
wrestling with the same decision. The 260's and 289's are thin wall castings. I
 would
opt to buy a crate engine from Ford. Both the 360HP/302 or a 450HP/347 use
Ford's Sportsman block which adds about 10 lbs in critical areas. They also
have roller cams and use the "Z" aluminum heads. They're priced around $5,500
and $6,500 respectively and you get a lot of engine for the money. Plus a
warranty. They also have a 340HP/302 crate engines for around $3,500,  however,
no
Sportsman block and the older Ford aluminum head. A T-5Z  tranny would be
great too.

Look forward to seeing it in the pages of Classic Motorsports.

Rodney