Re: motor for GRM Tiger

To: "Rande Bellman" <rande@thecia.net>, <GRMTim@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: motor for GRM Tiger
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:32:10 -0500
I would go with the 289 or 302 six bolt and the 5 speed
> conversion. I'm not doing that myself, but given more funds and time,

Rande- The 5 speed conversion Mr. A sold(said he wasnt doing another- dont
know if he stuck to that statement) using the tailshaft from the AMC Concord
or Sprit was delivered to me with the necessary components to use a 5 or 6
bolt bellhousing. So, if Tim wanted to use the 5 bolt 289 it isnt a problem
to install the T-5 if you have the necessary machined parts from Mr. A. and
if he no longer is assembling the T-5, Im sure he would still sell the parts
to someone who needed them to use the 5 speed behind a 5 bolt engine.I agree
there are better performing 6 bolt engines available but the car did come
with a 5 bolt.So using the stock bellhousing and clutch slave cylinder
bracket continues to add to the stock appearance of the orginal car.