re: motor for GRM Tiger

To: GRMTim@aol.com, Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: motor for GRM Tiger
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:31:28 -0400
Tim,
It doesn't make much sense to use a Hi-Po 289 (the so called K motor) in
your Tiger. Tigers never came with them, nowadays there are plenty of
other small block combinations that will give you the matching or
exceeding horsepower and dependability that the K motor does, and
personally, I think a real K motor should be reserved for the Mustangs
and Shelby Cobra's that really did come with them for authentic
restorations.

Seen as how it sounds like this car is going to be a keeper and built
for fun, I would go with the 289 or 302 six bolt and the 5 speed
conversion. I'm not doing that myself, but given more funds and time,
that's the way I would go for my own car.

Rande Bellman
B382000048
'67 289 'C' / F4B / Holley 1850 / Toploader 4spd