Scoops, investing, floors and magazines

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scoops, investing, floors and magazines
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:59:15 -0400
jxnichols@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>Subject: Amazing Hood Scoop!
>On Ebay check out the yellow Alpine
>with a two level hood scoop.  You can
>never get enough air to a v6 engine.

I recall looking at that and thinking that hood (bonnet) treatments on some of
the works rally cars wasnbt any prettier. A V-6 should/does fit OK without
Mount Rootes on the hood; perhaps this is to clear fuel injection?

Chris Thompson wrote:
>Subject: Miles tiger

>It would seem that the market price for the
>Miles car is $52K or so since that's what the
>seller paid for it.  But it appears that's the
>maximum price.  Don't you just hate it when
>"investors" get burned?

Sounds like another form of high-stakes gambling to me. OTOH, perhaps
binvestorsb win more often than they lose and itbs worth it.

>Also, there's another "Tiger" up on e-bay right
>now with the Alpine trunk configuration.

I saw that, and have playing bspot the anomalyb on eBay Tigers for a
while. The rest of the car in the photos looked OK, maybe a replaced trunk
floor?

By the way, www.eBay.co.uk under bclassic carsb lists cars that may not be
shown on US eBay, and I see some really neat stuff. Recently, a Ford Corsair
Crayford Convertible, not quite as pretty as a Tiger but a really
interesting-looking car b Ibd drive one. I had the Matchbox Corsair as a
kid (4-door I think), never knew b or cared b about the V-4 engine then.

Tim Suddard/publisher Classic Motorsports magazine wrote:

>Classic Motorsports magazine Tiger project
>I have been quietly collecting parts for the Tiger
>(snip) What do you want to read about?

My guess, but the Tiger community has already bbeen there, done thatb on
most of the likely engine configurations, unless youbre contemplating a gas
turbine or something; you might consider b past doing what YOU want out of
the car b choosing something that non-owners might find interesting. With
gas prices rising, you could always swap an Alpine four into itb& :O

Not sure where I am with Classic Motorsports, I donbt think I renewed but I
still am getting issues (did I get a 2-year deal? Donbt recall). Eh, maybe
if there had been a Tiger on the charter-subscriber T-shirt I would have been
more interested in renewing. :D. Seriously, nice mag but I get too many now;
Classic and Sportscar, Road & Track, and Autoweek and I probably could have
let the latter go instead of CM except Ibve been collecting the bEscape
Roadsb 1-page historical articles since the 1980bs.

Lawrence R. Wright
9418 Dubarry Avenue
Seabrook, MD 20706
Phone: (301) 577-6574