Re: Tiger for sale

To: CoolVT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger for sale
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
I checked out the 55k Tiger in Il. It says it is a 66
but is a Mk1 by vin number. It has round corner trunk
and square corner doors which may be a possibility,
although I havent compared vin numbers too see when
the change took place. The pedals are spread out as if
it was a Mk1A, again perhaps late model Mk1s had the
pedals moved out. The rivets used for the vin are the
same as the JAL which was held in place with screws.
You cant see much more other than wrong things. Like
the visible door sure has some waves at the bottom and
what is the wire from the dist. going to or is it a
stretched out spring? All the inner door panels are
smooth and it has Mk1 soft top covers. Perhaps they
will post a more complete set of pics. We all have to
be glad that the professional world see our cars to be
worth plenty of cash. The StLouis car museum has a
Mk1a on ebay. I inspected the car for a potential
buyer several weeks ago.It has an Alpine trunk floor
and the oil pan looked to have been used in a 1000
mile road race across the desert and you piced your
path. I couldnt believe they wouldnt spring for an oil
pan that wasnt so dented up. perhaps they didnt have
time to beat it back out. The paint looked god except
for the left rear area beside the trunk and it looked
really bad, like bondo that was never sanded smooth,
just painted The spare tire hold down had obvious heat
marks from a recent weld BUT if the replaced a bad
trun bottom w/ a good Alpine donor, perhaps that is
why the hold down was welded in recently. Other
opinions on either Tiger please post them. I couldnt
decide if the StL Tiger was real or not and that was
after removing the gas tank panels to look for orginal
paint, which I couldnt find anywhere on the car. It
was either all painted over of removed and it wasnt
black from Rootes, although I dont remember what the
paint code ws. Forrest green I think. Cheers, TTT

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail