Re: cooling yet again

To: Paul Memont <prmnes@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: cooling yet again
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:22:06 -0600
Hi Paul,

Before you do that, grab a voltmeter and check the output of your
"instrument stabilizer" that connects to the other stud on the temp
gauge. If it's reading 12 volts, then it's causing the high reading, not
your gauge or sender. The proper output of this thing is 10 volts.
A sure sign that the instrument stabilizer is bad, is that your gas
gauge also reads high, especially when the tank is less than half full.
(i.e. you drive until you run out of gas, put 5 gallons in, and the
gauge reads 8 gallons).

Good luck,
Theo