RE: Oil Leak.

To: "'Holt, Jeff'" <jeff.holt@gs.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Leak.
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:26:19 -0600
Did the oil pressure gauge work during this trip? If it did, the problem is
probably not the oil pressure gauge line - possibly it is the remote oil
filter adapter.

The PO of my Tiger had replaced the plastic oil pressure gauge line with a
copper line... ehich eventually cracked due to flexing, etc., right where
the compression fitting had been overtightened at the block. I ended up
making up a -3 Teflon, stainless braided line to go from the engine to the
firewall. At the firewall I made a bulkhead fitting out of a large bolt and
washer, and left the copper plumbing in the car interior side. You can (or
used to be able to) buy an all-stainless-braided hose replacement kit from
CAT, I believe.

Good luck,
Theo