RE: Distributor Changeover Question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor Changeover Question
From: <pirouette@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 5:08:36 -0400
> A quick tip.  The oil pump shaft likes to stick in the old distributor and
>fall out just as you pull it out of >the engine.  It's really fun to fish it
>out....

I had this happen too and if I remember correctly it fell into the oil pan, not
fishable.  If I'm wrong, it was still a pain in the butt, as Bob says.  And I
KNEW about this and did all the right things like pulling the distributor up
slightly and tapping on it like mad to get the shaft to drop back into the pump
slot before it cleared it and started wagging.  It wagged anyway, so
(especially if you plan to pull the distributor up a few times), be careful.
                            cph