Re: Winterizing the Tigers/soft top question

To: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winterizing the Tigers/soft top question
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 00:28:08 +0000
I'm not sure what the official story is, but here's what I've been doing.

I'm in Massachusetts, so the Tiger gets parked when the roads get salted
because of the first ice or snow, usually in the November/December time frame.
Come April or so, and we've had some good rains to wash the salt away, it hits
the road again.  For the winter, I've been putting the top up, but the front
rail is not clamped in place,so the top is sort of relaxed.  I spray Armorall
all over it, top and bottom.  The car is covered in an unheated garage.

I put this top on in 1978, and it is still looks like it has a lot of life
left.  It rarely stands in the sun all day in the summer, so that helps.

Stu