Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:29:47 -0800
Wow, I really learned a lot from the thread! I used to race my Tiger at
the drags with all the stock parts except for the motor but with a hot
289 instead of the 2 60. I turned a bazillion rpm and never even had a
hint at anything wrong.! I must have been really lucky! Now I am curious
as to the cause of the failures if anyone can remember the details. For
instance, what were the clutch parts and what was the conditions which
caused failure such as rpm, load on drive train, tires sizes, ect.
Anything that would potentially cause failure. I wonder if any of the
new stuff has had failures. Is a multi disk system the way to go to
prevent such issues? My car's next incarnation will be with some amount
of hp/tq and i certainly do not want all that rotating stuff in the foot
well with me.

Stories?  Off line is ok if the list does not want to be bothered...

mayf, out in Pahrump