Re: Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net, tgrrr@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings
From: Robert Melusky <tigerknut66@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 05:36:43 -0800 (PST)
Jim,

You could have been a victim of the spate of counterfeit fasteners that reached
all the way into the aircraft industry several years ago.  Phony grade 8
fasteners primarily from Asia put us all at risk. Mr. Gasket is in the business
of turning barrels of stuff into blister packs and they may not have a testing
lab for VQC. Even company with testing labs got caught, because many defer
testing when they have a cert. Problem is the certs were phony too.

I even think this made 60 Minutes.  Unlike "sudden acceleration" (remember
those demon-posessed Audi's that were hell-bent to drive through the back of
Granny's garage and into the swimming pool?) and the big apple cider hoohah
that put my local cider mills out of business and put those little stickers on
your apples, this was a public service.

Bob Melusky

It never failed, but the special "MR Gasket" cap screws that held the
pressure plate to the flywheel would periodically loose their heads ... POP!
... rattle-rattle-rattle...