Re: Tiger nuts and bolts...

To: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Tiger nuts and bolts...
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:38:09 -0800
I found a great selection, at good prices, at our local boat store.
Sold out of bins, and not expensive. During re-paint, bolts/nuts/screws
were replaced on assembly.  You can NOT get stainless in a Grade 8, as
it won't carry the load.  Stick with high strength steel, certified
Grade 8, for structural applications.  Chrome plating can kill strength
of high strength steels due to hydrogen embrittlement.  Requires
thorough "baking", after plating, to drive the hydrogen out.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com