Re: 2bl to 4bl conversion

To: Joey Hiykel <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 2bl to 4bl conversion
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 09:41:13 -0700
Joey,

A quick trip to TigersUnited.com, and the use of the "Search" tool for
F4B ought to give you at least a dozens of references to previous
discussions, articles, and tech tips. And some great pics at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/pp-lat1a.asp

If this is the original LAT-1 Rootes offering, it will already have the
correct threads (it should be a  5/8 - 18 straight thread), and is
recommended for correct temp reading.

There is also the PCV connection issue. On the LAT-1, a previously
unused runner boss is tapped, threaded, and an elbow is inserted for the
vacuum tube connection and some advice on  how to get a PCV connection
between the PCV valve and the intake manifold, on a non LAT F4B, without
a carb plate and hole in the hood, is covered.

The Boss 302 PCV plate does NOT work. I had to replace my 1848-1 carb
base for a newer model 600 CFM baser to get the tube.  No interference,
no diameter problems, not cheap, new.

A recent list mail suggested the use of a thread-sert adapter into a
larger tapped hole, rather than the heliarc aluminum weld suggested.

Good luck, the 460 is a smooth carb, with good performance, and no flat
spots.  Some juggling with the jets is recommended (about +1 to +2 sizes)

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com