And while on the Subject of Clones...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: And while on the Subject of Clones...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:56:05 -0400
The July issue of Mustangs and Fords has a brief article on Shelby Licensing
and that they are trying to put pressure on eBay and Barrett-Jackson
Auctions to pull auctions of Shelby clones.

They are also limiting licensing on emblems, badges with the aftermarket
companies and it sounded like someday you would have to be a Shelby owner
with proof that you have a true Shelby creation to buy certain items
directly from Shelby.

I don't have the article in fornt of me to be too specific on the details.

Interestingly enough the first feature car in the magazine is a Shelby clone
and it's followed up with an article about going to school to build a
Factory Five kit Cobra.

Paul