RE: And while on the Subject of Clones...

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, srwick@hotmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: And while on the Subject of Clones...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:20:14 -0400
Ron, Steve, & the Gang,
The article is about restricting the the sale of Shelby emblems, stripes,
and badging.

Here is the just of the article (only to aid the discussion here)...

"...as they will now be sold only through
Shelby directly, to real Shelby vehicles with
proper verification. According to Branda,
an unnamed source at Shelby said proper
identification will be a copy of the car's
title, a photo of the car's VIN, and so forth.
The source also explained they were "cracking
down on clones" and would not let these items
be sold to anyone without a real Shelby.

Shelby Licensing has been after eBay for some
time to stop clone auctions, as well as sales
of parts and even Cobra replicas that were
mislabeled. Now Shelby Licensing is supposedly
going to try to prevent clone auctions through
auction houses like Barrett-Jackson..."

(From the July 2006 issue of Mustangs & Ford)

Paul