Re: There's That Phrase Again

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: There's That Phrase Again
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:21:27 -0600
Absolutely true - I was being facetious. Putting a Ford crate engine and
Tom Hall's T5 in a Tiger will likely hit closer to $10k by the time it's
all done. However, it is all removable should you ever decide that the
factory setup is The Way.

I agree with Colin Comer's viewpoint that finding a totally original,
stock Tiger in well-maintained condition is exceptional and that such a
car should be worth a suitable premium. However, as quoted, he comes
across as belittling the efforts of those who choose to modify their
Tigers, and that any modification necessarily degrades the value of the
car. I don't agree with that part... in the first place, each Tiger is
to some extent an expression of the owner's outlook and attitude towards
cars, and secondly, the Tiger is not exactly a pinnacle of engineering
and design, especially today.

He considers a great Tiger a solid buy. I consider my Tiger a lot of fun
to drive, and also a good canvas for any further modifications I choose
to make. It wasn't original when it came to me... it can't ever be
original again. But it can be better, and it can be safer.

Theo