Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:28:06 EDT
>From what I have learned from looking at my low mileage original car and from
my studies, it appears that all Tigers had a crude black undercoating job
from the factory. Is this in fact true? What is current wisdom in this area?
While I understand the need for protection underneath the car and for
originality,
I have never been a fan of crude black undercoating jobs. I would rather
paint the underside body color (dark blue in my case) or at least spray the
bottom
with rockerpanel protectant and then paint it.

Any thoughts?

Tim Suddard
Classic Motorsports magazine